• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

The mod team has started a discussion on how to move forward with obvious scalping. I believe it was removed due to the difficulty of what could be considered scalping. I personally feel that it should be aimed at newly released items that are purchased to prevent others from getting them only to be resold at higher prices. I also feel older items could not be considered scalping due to the time frame it has been released.

What are your thoughts?

The mod team has started a discussion on how to move forward with obvious scalping. I believe it was removed due to the difficulty of what could be considered scalping. I personally feel that it should be aimed at newly released items that are purchased to prevent others from getting them only to be resold at higher prices. I also feel older items could not be considered scalping due to the time frame it has been released.

What are your thoughts?
Yes HUGE difference between scalping and flipping. Scalping is a huge NO!

What are your thoughts?
When does it turn from scalping to flipping? Roughly 1 year of a items release?
Now you're on to something. Let the people who buy in bulk sit on the product for a year or turn to eBay to sell. After a year when the the excitement dies down, we'll see how they feel about getting stuck with overpriced product no one wants anymore.

Last edited:

What are your thoughts?
Well this is the USA and I believe in a free market society. So while I may not agree with some of the reselling practices of others, everyone has a right to sell for whatever price they choose. It actually doesn't bother me.

Back